>Just filed a bug report for Adobe Acrobat 8.0 Professional on the Mac:
Steps to reproduce bug:
- Open A3-size PDF document in Acrobat 8.0 Pro on Mac OS X 10.4.9 (Intel): http://ernstdehaan.com/a3.pdf
- Cmd-D (Document properties) to confirm the setting ‘paper source at page size’ is enabled (OK).
- Have an A3 printer connected. In my case an HP Business Inkjet 2800dtn, connected via Ethernet (TCP/IP).
- Cmd-P for print dialog.
- Select ‘none’ for scaling.
- Confirm document size, displayed under the small preview is OK (indeed: 296.7 x 419.5 mm)
- Select tray that contains A3 paper.
- Confirm the paper size is correct (it is not, it says: 209.9 x 297.0 mm)
- Paper size is incorrect, see: http://ernstdehaan.com/acrobat8-printdialog.jpg
- Paper size set to A3.
Updated (April 10): The trick is to set the page size in the print settings dialog (Shift-Cmd-P) to A3 explicitly, every time you start Acrobat.