>Seashore is a promising application, aiming to deliver a Mac OS X-version of the popular GIMP image manipulation program. I did a quick review of 0.1.9 and found the following:
- This build is dated April 2007, which seems to indicate development has stalled – which is too bad…
- The Open with… option in the Finder did not work for me when I selected Seashore.
- Full quantization support has not been ported yet, so there is no option to reduce the number of colors.
- There is a Select menu, but some of the selection actions are under the Edit menu (Select All, Alpha, Inverse, None). This seems counter-intuitive.
- Zoom in and zoom out are under the keyboard shortcuts Cmd-Up and Cmd-Down respectively. Typically these are under Cmd-Plus and Cmd-Minus.
- There is no autocrop feature.
- Overall, the application looks very nice. It feels like a decent Mac OS X-citizen.