>Today (July 10th, 2008) XINS 2.2 alpha 2 has been released, featuring several improvements:
- a new _xml type for sending XML values (e.g. in input or output parameters);
- there is now an option that makes the client framework follow HTTP redirect responses;
- compatibility of the SOAP calling convention (in the server framework) with .NET has been improved
- some log messages have been improved;
- bug fixes and small RFEs.
Although this is an alpha release, the quality is high. In this case alpha moslty means that new features can be added, removed or refined.